Addendum to my story.
So, you’ve decided to delete your Simily account. Join the club!
I suppose you’ve already clicked on all the clickable things on their website and you cannot figure out how to completely remove your account and data.
You’re not doing anything wrong, you’re not missing anything on the website. The function is simply not there. At least when I am writing this post, it isn’t — today is the day I decided to leave Simily myself.
Here’s what I did and should work — I am still waiting for confirmation from Simily’s support team.
- I deleted all my stories, photos, covers, and the group I created. Just because I thought those were the initial steps to take before hitting the big “Delete” button.
- I removed my payment information.
- I got annoyed because the removal of everything else but the account went smoothly and I finally realized there was no “Delete account” function.
- I sent them an email requesting the full removal of my account and the associated data. I also mentioned that I am in the EU and that GDPR applies. To: firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you send the message using the email address that is associated with your Simily account.
- Waiting for their reply, but it’s not like they can say “no”.
- Note: If for some reason you have an active paid membership with them, I would recommend you cancel that one first.
I hope this helps.
Here are all my Medium posts related to Simily, just in case you need or want confirmation that you made the right choice when deciding to delete your account:
Thanks for reading and have fun, wherever you write!
This article was originally published on an external platform on April 11, 2022.